At Cairns Platinum Realty we understand that whether it is your first home, you are upsizing, downsizing or investing, buying a property is an exciting time and often one of the most financially important decisions you will ever make.
With that in mind please take note of the following tips:
1. If you will need to borrow money to finance your purchase, it will pay you to speak with your financier to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
2. Prepare a short list of preferred areas that will not only fit into your budget but will provide you with the lifestyle and facilities that you are looking for. Take into consideration schools, shops, proximity to the coast and location.
3. Research sales in your preferred areas using the internet and press advertisements to gain a better idea of property values. (Cairns Platinum Realty can assist).
4. Come along and meet a Cairns Platinum Realty Agent, who specialises in your preferred area. Our agents have a wealth of knowledge and will be able to offer additional advice and also alert you to new listings before they even reach the media.
5. When you find a property that suits your needs and you are ready to purchase, your agent will prepare a written contract on your behalf to present to the Sellers. A Cairns Platinum Agent will advise you on what clauses you may want to place in the offer to protect your interests.
6. It is always a good idea that you nominate a building and pest inspection for the property along with any other clauses you or your conveyancing/solicitor require to be inserted and will then form a part of the contract.
7. Your agent will then present your Offer to the Sellers who will either accept your offer or seek further negotiation with you. Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign a sale contract and pay a deposit. Your deposit will be held in trust account until settlement, where it will then form part of the payment for the property. Also at this time a Solicitor is nominated to act on your behalf at settlement.
8. A day or so before the settlement of your property a pre-settlement inspection will be arranged by your agent. You will be invited to go through the property to ensure that you are satisfied the property is in order for settlement. A Cairns Platinum Realty Agent will assist you here.
9. On settlement day, your solicitor will ensure a successful transfer on your behalf.
10. A meeting is arranged with your Cairns Platinum Realty Agent to hand over keys and all other
required items that may be required for the property.
Most importantly you can rely on your Cairns Platinum Realty Agent to guide you through every step of the way.